Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time Domestic and International Shipping Specialist at our home office in Prescott, WI.
As a shipping specialist, you will be an integral part of the customer service team. Responsibilities include expediting all outgoing shipments according to national and international shipping requirements and providing excellent customer service to our distributors.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Process all shipping documents and labels for outgoing FedEx, UPS Ground, and LTL shipments.
- Research and process all shipping documents for international shipments, to include any required export documentation and schedule pickups accordingly.
- Collaborate and provide support to the international sales team.
- Process all shipping documents for pallet orders and schedule pickups.
- Attach all export documentation, freight class calculations, actual freight charges, BOL’s, etc. to the order. (To maintain a paperless process).
- Work with third-party agents, when required, to get customer arranged shipments processed to include all required documentation for both international and domestic.
- Create pack lists and invoices for all orders.
- Email pack lists and invoices for all orders shipped to the appropriate distributor.
- Complete and transmit daily electronic shipment information for EDI customers: advanced ship notices and invoices.
- Work within several customer portals on the internet to schedule shipments when required.
- Respond to phone and emailed customer service requests for freight quotes, tracking, and general shipping and customer service questions.
- Process domestic and international freight quotes.
- Assist with filing AR invoices.
- Back up to incoming customer service phone line. Help customers troubleshoot, make sales recommendations and / or forward to appropriate team member.
- Understanding of HTS Code classification and GRI with an ability to classify when necessary.
- Maintain International and Domestic Weight charts.
- Use independent judgement and discretion when making financial decisions to manage customer service shipping issues.
- Proactive with continued education and training to maintain company compliance with USMCA International regulations.
- Cross-train customer service team and new team members.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough execution of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1-2 years of related office experience.
- Works well under pressure; strong ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Must be available during core shipping hours (M-F, 7 am – 3:30 pm).
- Advanced knowledge of international shipping requirements and logistics.
- Knowledge of and experience with Fed Ex and UPS shipping portals.
- Familiar with all Kasco product lines.
- Experience working with USMCA/NAFTA.
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- 3-5 years shipping experience preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Interpersonal communication and collaboration.
- Active listening.
- Time management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Requires occasional lifting of materials up to 20 lbs. Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances, paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, and continuing education assistance.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, public area, resort and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard; this person will be a key contributor.