Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time engineering technician at our home office in Prescott, WI.
As an engineering technician, you will be part of a team whose focus is on making Kasco Marine’s products the best in the industry. Responsibilities include testing both new and existing designs, fabricating and assembling prototypes, inspecting purchased and fabricated components, and contributing to the development of innovative new products as well as making practical and creative improvements to existing designs. The results of these efforts should be a product line that:
- Provides effective solutions for our customers.
- Assembles and performs as designed and as advertised.
- Operates reliably with minimal maintenance and failures.
- Is cost effective and competitively priced.
- Is designed and fabricated for manufacturability.
- Includes complete, accurate, and current documentation relating to design, quality requirements, specifications, and manuals.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Pursue continued learning and understanding of the products, components, processes, and technologies you are developing and supporting. (This may be formal training, apprenticeship type on the job training, or self-directed research, reading, and hands-on experience.)
- Take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Set-up and execution of product testing.
- Designing and fabricating test apparatuses.
- Creating and assembling prototypes and evaluating for form, fit, and function.
- Execute quality inspections of purchased components and in-house manufactured products in accordance with Control Plans.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions on product or component failures (including incoming inspection, in-house, and field failures).
- Work closely with engineering, quality, and production in assessing questions and requirements of product specifications and performance.
- Develop standardized tests and maintain permanent documentation of test results.
- Provide necessary technical support to other departments (production, purchasing, quality, marketing, etc.).
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules for indoor pools and critical test equipment.
- Demonstrate alignment to company values, ethical business and work practices, and keep the interests and needs of the customer at the forefront of your work.
- Embrace the philosophy of continuous improvement, understanding that nothing is ever permanently finished. This means that every design and shipment have room for future improvements. It also means that improvements can be large or small but need not be absolute perfection to be worth implementing. We are committed to becoming better with each and every day.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to understand how things assemble and operate.
- Ability to write, review, understand, and execute Control Plans and Test Plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and thorough execution of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Methodical problem solver.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering prints.
- Skilled with hand-tools and troubleshooting mechanical and/or electrical problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and service companies.
- Two-year technical degree or related relevant work experience.
- Electrical experience or training related to electric motors or assemblies.
- Knowledge of and experience with quality systems and measurement devices.
- Experience with injection molded, cast, or machined parts.
- Basic abilities to operate machining and fabricating equipment (CNC, lathe, and/or welder).
- Experience and understanding of a lean culture; methods, and practices.
- Experience with SolidWorks (or other) CAD software.
- Interpersonal communication and collaboration.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Self-directed with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure; strong ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
Requires occasional lifting of materials up to 50lbs. Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances, paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing and continuing education assistance.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, public area, resort and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard; this person will be a key contributor.