Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time Quality Engineer at our home office in Prescott, WI.
Kasco is seeking an individual with a strong background in and passion for quality systems and practices who will help us drive and sustain improvements in our products, designs, processes, and systems. This individual will be an important contributor to our Continuous Improvement journey and to sustaining our proud reputation for high-performing, reliable, long-lasting products.
- Ensures the conformance of Kasco finished goods, purchased components, and processes to all specifications and expectations of end customers.
- Drives adherence to established procedural and design requirements within the organization and by vendors.
- Has primary ownership of continuous improvement of our quality tools and processes and drives the positive evolution of our overall quality system.
- Works closely with design engineering, production, and purchasing departments to ensure key processes and product attributes are within defined expectations for product success and positive customer experiences.
- Has authority to stop production or shipping of product as they see fit.
- Coordinates and participates in root cause analysis activities with internal and external teams and ensures acceptable corrective actions are implemented and sustained.
- Provides an in-depth working knowledge of advanced quality tools and systems and provides guidance to other quality, engineering, and production team members as a subject matter expert.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our products, operations, quality systems, and processes by applying advanced knowledge of quality principles and tools.
- Drive continuous reduction in variation of both materials and processes through the tasks described below.
- Utilize control charts to monitor critical dimensions and features over time.
- Review design documents and work with Design Engineers to translate designs into clear prints with meaningful, appropriate, and measurable callouts of critical dimensions, features, and tolerances. This will occur prior to release of new products and on an ongoing basis as we improve our documentation and monitoring of existing products.
- Define and document test and inspection criteria and methods (Control Plans and Inspection Work Instructions).
- Create control plans for all purchased components.
- Perform inspections and train inspectors (with technician support).
- Audit manufacturing instructions and practices (with technician support).
- Maintain measurement equipment and calibration schedules (with technician support).
- Provide formal performance feedback to critical suppliers (Vendor Scorecards).
- Document and communicate component quality issues internally (Quality Catch Cards) and with vendor (Corrective Action Requests).
- Respond quickly to production concerns to help evaluate risk, quarantine impacted materials and products, and identify root causes and corrective actions (with support from Design Engineering team).
- Effectively communicate concerns, risks, opportunities, and successes to working partners and management team.
- Support Supply Chain Development through identification and assessment of potential key vendors. Establish and refine a documented process to do this effectively.
- Education: B.S. in Engineering or Manufacturing Focused Area of Study
- Experience: 5+ years of experience working in an established, high performing quality system
- Certifications or training in industry-recognized tools and methodologies (such as Six Sigma, ISO, or ASQ)
- Experience in manufacturing
- Competency with advanced measurement equipment (CMM, Tensile Tester, and similar)
- Experience with Regulatory Agency compliance
- LEAN Certification / experience
- Experience with injection molding and injection molded parts
- Interpersonal communication and collaboration.
- Strong written communication and documentation abilities.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Self-directed with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Competency in Mini-Tab or similar statistical analysis software.
- Works well under pressure; strong ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Willing to request support from team members to quickly solve problems.
- Willing to speak up when parts/processes do not meet requirements.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the workday.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lift up to 50lbs using safe lifting techniques.
Requires occasional lifting of materials up to 50 lbs. Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances, paid time off, 401(k), profit sharing, and continuing education assistance.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, public area, resort and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard; this person will be a key contributor.