Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time Quality Inspector for our home office in Prescott, WI.
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, diffused aeration, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators, and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, industrial, municipal, public area, resort, and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for over 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard.
Kasco is seeking a Quality Inspector with a strong background in quality systems and inspection methods and tools. The Quality Inspector will be a critical team member of the Quality department responsible for inspecting and measuring purchased components by utilizing inspection equipment, documenting measurement results, and participating in material acceptance and root cause discussions. The Quality Inspector will help ensure the quality of our products and efficiency of our operation by driving quality at the component level as it arrives at our facility. They will help support a positive culture and team environment throughout all departments.
- Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspection and testing on incoming material as documented in the inspection plans, written instructions, and procedures.
- Perform visual, dimensional, and functional inspection and testing on First Articles as documented in the First Article Inspection Reports.
- Operate test and measurement equipment (micrometers, pin and thread gauges, calipers, vision systems such as CMM/Optical Comparator, etc.) as instructed and documented in the inspection plans, written instructions, and procedures.
- Document non-conformances (variable and attribute) in the inspection plans and follow material control procedures.
- Access and record information and interface with inspection and calibration software applications.
- Ensure material control and inventory control practices are adhered to.
- Participate in Gage R&R studies (measure parts and document results), as directed by the Quality and Engineering team.
- Assist the Quality team with maintaining all associated measurement equipment and calibration schedules.
- Support the Quality processes and procedures and provide recommendations in the efforts for continuous improvement.
- Perform additional inspections as directed by the Quality, Engineering, and Purchasing team.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and procedure.
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal or practical (on the job) training in advanced measurement methods.
- Experience with and ability to use a variety of test and measurement equipment such as micrometers, calipers, pin gauges, thread gauges, vision systems/CMM, and tensile testers.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work through multiple interruptions through out the day, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Detail oriented with an analytical mindset; ability to problem solve, think critically, and effectively communicate quality concerns and non-conformances with the appropriate team members.
- Strong oral and written communications skills at all levels of the organization.
- Collaboration with all team members, adhering to Kasco’s Purpose, Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Strong computer skills.
- Self-directed with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Post-secondary education in a technical area of study.
- Manufacturing Experience.
- Experience with plastic molded and machined or stamped metal parts.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
Required to stand for extended periods of time to include the duration of the workday. Frequent lifting up to 30lbs. Occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Continuing education assistance
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.