Kasco Surface Aerators lead the market with more installations than any other manufacturer. In an independent study by Auburn University, Kasco Aerators were found to deliver up to 3.0 lbs of oxygen per horsepower per hour of operation, proving them to be some of the most efficient and effective units on the market. Built for dependable, continuous operation, Kasco Aerators have a proven record in a multitude of applications, ranging from ponds and lakes to salt water and other corrosive environments. Other applications include commercial aquaculture, agricultural ponds, Industrial plants, municipal waste water, backyard ponds and much more.
Kasco has designed their surface aeration products through nearly 50 years of experience and knowledge to ensure we are delivering the best. Kasco’s AF Series Surface Aeration units:
- Ensure a lower overall operating cost while delivering an extremely high dissolved oxygen level.
- Are manufactured with a hard-face internal mechanical seal for protection against leaks, and are flood oil lubricated for excellent heat dissipation.
- Feature a corrosion resistant, stainless steel design. This also makes them extremely dependable in salt water applications.
- Increase fish growth and population density while providing efficient water and food circulation with little or no bottom turbulence.
- Backed by a two year warranty (3 year for the 2, 3, and 5HP.)
All Kasco Surface Aerators are self-contained, lightweight units that float at the surface. With just two or three mooring lines anchoring the unit and a single power cord running to shore, these units are easily installed and maintained by a single person.
Click on the model below for part numbers and detailed specs:
“We have used them (Kasco Aerators) for years and they are very reliable. We never have to worry about low oxygen levels.”
—Mike Clark, Keo Fish Farms. Keo Fish Farms is located Keo, Arkansas. Keo specializes in raising Hybrid Striped Bass fry and fingerlings and is the largest producer of these fingerlings in the world. The farm stretches over 1,200 water acres. Keo uses hormonal manipulation for spawning and can produce between 100 million and 120 million fry annually. The fingerlings are eventually moved to earthen ponds. At that point, Kasco Aerators come into play to keep dissolved oxygen levels high.
Kasco Aerators are “THE most effective aerator out there.”
—Steve Abernathy, Owner of Til-Tech Aquafarm. Til-Tech Aquafarm started in 2 large steel and glass greenhouses in 1991 which were originally used for growing hothouse tomatoes. Til-Tech was conceived to supply fresh Tilapia for a few restaurants in New Orleans. Til-Tech quickly became a research facility for LSU Agriculture and Engineering Programs. It pioneered research in green water re-circulation systems using bead filter technology developed by Ron Malone, PhD. Til-Tech soon saw the need for a hatchery and moved all production to their hatchery to supply fingerling Tilapia. Today, Til-Tech is a state of the art hatchery and has the capacity to produce 12 million plus fry annually. Kasco Aerators are used for de-gassing carbon dioxide in the indoor tanks.
“Kasco Aerators have always been dependable and serve us well in our small ponds.”
—Paul Williams, Owner of Owen and Williams Fish Farm. Owen and Williams Fish Farm produces Largemouth Bass, Hybrid Striped Bass, Sunfish, Channel Catfish, Grass Carp, and forage fish for private pond stocking. Located in Southern Georgia, Owen and Williams Fish Farm uses Kasco Aerators to increase dissolved oxygen levels and help keep fish lively and healthy during the hot Georgia summers.
“We have a lot of Kasco units and find them to be efficient, dependable, and portable.”
– Peter Fritsch, Manager at Rushing Waters. Rushing Waters Fisheries is the largest producer of Rainbow Trout in the Midwest with 50+ ponds on the farm. Rushing Waters has been raising Rainbow Trout from egg to market size since the 1960′s and process’s the fish on site. They use Kasco 2400AF and 3400AF Aerators in the ponds to increase dissolved oxygen levels which reduces stress on the fish and increases feeding. With many of the 50+ ponds built narrow for better flow through in the raceways, Kasco Aerators are perfect because of their light weight and high water flow.
“A continuing drought in southern Idaho caused spring flows to drop significantly at Clear Springs Foods broodstock facility located in Soda Springs, Idaho. Under normal operating conditions, the Soda Springs facility operates 26 raceways with an average water flow rate of 1cfs and up to 7,000 lbs. of fish per raceway. Declining water flows caused dissolved oxygen levels to drop below 5 mg/L in some second-use raceways, endangering the spawning population and jeopardizing our ability to supply eggs for our trout production farms. To address this problem, Clear Springs installed Kasco 3400AF, 3/4hp aerators at the top of 6 heavily loaded ponds. By maintaining effluent dissolved oxygen concentrations near 6 mg/L, the aerators have reduced stress and improved feed response in these ponds.”
– Doug Foss, Manager of Clear Springs Trout Farm in Clear Springs, ID.
|60Hz Models||Size (HP)||Voltage Options||Phase Options||Minimum Depth|
|3400AF||3/4||120V, 240V||1||17.5 in.|
|4400AF||1||120V, 240V||1||19 in.|
|8400AF & 2.3AF||2||240V, 460V||1 & 3||20 in.|
|3.1AF & 3.3AF||3||240V, 460V||1 & 3||24 in.|
|5.1AF & 5.3AF||5||240V, 460V||1 & 3||26 in.|