Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer at our home office in Prescott, WI.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be part of a team whose focus is on making Kasco Marine’s products the best in the industry. Responsibilities include designing innovative new products as well as making practical and creative improvements to existing designs. The results of these efforts should be a product line that:
- Provides effective solutions for our customers.
- Operates reliably with minimal maintenance and failures.
- Is cost effective and competitively priced.
- Is designed for manufacturability.
- Includes complete, accurate, and current engineering documentation for all products and critical components.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Pursue continued learning and understanding of the products, applications, and technologies you are developing and supporting. (This may be formal training, or it may be self-directed research, reading, and hands-on testing.)
- Take ownership of assigned projects.
- Responsible for defining and documenting product design scope, design concepts, prototyping, testing, production implementation and post production support.
- Maintain project priorities, budgets and timelines.
- Include team members from multiple departments in design input, concepts, and feedback.
- Provide necessary technical support to other departments (sales, production, purchasing, quality, etc.).
- Demonstrate alignment to company values, ethical business and work practices, and keep the interests and needs of the customer at the forefront of your work.
- Embrace the philosophy of continuous improvement, understanding that nothing is ever permanently finished. This means that every design has room for future improvements. It also means that next revisions must be better than current but may not be perfection.
- Prototype and test designs using our in-house 3D printer, test lab, indoor pools and outdoor pond.
- Diligently work with vendors and internal manufacturing personnel during the design phase to ensure manufacturability.
- Source vendors and submit drawings for quotes.
- Work with Quality Department to qualify new vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related degree with relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Solidworks.
- Basic understanding of mechanical design and assembly.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Creative problem solver.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without Visa sponsorship.
- Basic mechanical aptitude to understand how things assemble and operate.
- Electrical experience or training related to electric motors and electrical power transmission.
- Knowledge of and experience with Fluid dynamics, flow, or pumping.
- Experience with flow simulation software.
- Experience with injection molded, cast, or machined parts.
- Experience in LED lighting technologies.
- Familiarity with UL, CSA, CE, NSF, NEC, control panels, schematics.
- Able to operate machining and fabricating equipment (CNC, lathe, and/or welder).
- Experience and understanding of a lean culture; methods, and practices.
- Interpersonal communication and collaboration.
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems.
- Self-directed with the ability to work without close supervision. • Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure; strong ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
Requires occasional lifting of materials up to 50lbs. Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Continuing education assistance
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, diffused aeration, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators, and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, industrial, municipal, public area, resort, and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for over 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard.