Kasco Marine is seeking a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer at our home office in Prescott, WI.
The System Administrator is a member of Kasco’s Shared Services team and is responsible for maintaining the technologies and systems that support our business operations. This is a key role tasked with enabling teams throughout the company and supporting business-critical systems. This role requires both the ability to dive deep into detail and take the broad view necessary to ensure that our systems are properly maintained and that we are realizing the full potential of our technology tools. The Sysadmin will be the primary point of contact in Kasco’s relationships with key technology partners, serving as a strong advocate for the company in discussions about the hardware, software, and systems that support our business. The ideal candidate will bring curiosity and a willingness to learn the business from every angle so that they can advise on best practices and contribute meaningfully to process improvement efforts. Kasco is a growing company, and this is a chance for the right person to step in and ensure that our systems not only keep pace but anticipate and enable our future growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain essential IT infrastructure, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, firewalls, phones, printers, laptops, desktops, and other hardware.
- Perform Windows server administration tasks; help build, test, and maintain new servers.
- Take responsibility for individual projects and tasks within larger business initiatives.
- Monitor network security and perform regular tests; ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Monitor data-center health and respond to hardware issues as they arise.
- Serve as Kasco’s point person in our relationships with IT partners and contractors.
- Work with internal and external partners to communicate project status and activities; manage upgrades, new releases.
- Assist in addressing or routing help desk tickets with Kasco’s technology partners; troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Provide technical support to employees; develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build and maintain technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Drive the management of users/groups, security permissions, group policies, print services, and monitoring resources.
- Maintain networks and network file systems; end-to-end support of internet, intranet, and databases.
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of all systems, including backups; maintain network integrations and connections.
- Upgrade, install, and configure application software and computer hardware.
- Coordinate and carry out workstation setup for employees in all departments.
- Proven success in an IT role, preferably in system or network administration.
- O365 admin experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems, current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, systems performance-monitoring tools, active directories, and virtualization.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms.
- Resourcefulness and commitment to problem solving and process improvement.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Professional certification (e.g Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator(MCSA)).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication across all levels of the organization.
- Works well under pressure; strong ability to multi-task and be a team player.
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team and with multiple interruptions throughout the day.
Requires occasional lifting of materials up to 40lbs. Required to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Eligible employees are offered a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical/dental/life/STD/LTD insurances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Advancement opportunities
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kasco Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Kasco Marine is a leading international supplier and innovator in the manufacture of aerators, diffused aeration, floating decorative fountains, de-icing products, circulators, and tank mixers. Kasco has a well-established reputation for quality products offered to the residential, aquaculture, commercial, industrial, municipal, public area, resort, and institutional industries. Kasco has been in business for over 50 years and is a small but aggressive and growing company located in Prescott, WI. We are dedicated to delivering exceptional service and support to our customers and creating an atmosphere of continuous improvement where everyone’s voice is heard.